King Edward VI School Library Resource Centre has everything students could need to support their studies in the Sixth Form.
The centre opens every weekday from 8.30am to 4.30pm offering excellent facilities for independent study and research.
The library resource centre includes:
- Private Study area exclusively for Sixth Form use
- 10 networked computers with access to the Internet and a wide range of software packages. These can be booked at any time during the day.
- 16 iPads (with wireless connection) for use within the centre
- Subscription to online products which are password protected exclusively for student use
- Over 10,000 information books including a Sixth Form collection specialising in A Level texts
- A large selection of reference works including a variety of encyclopaedias and dictionaries
- A large stock of up to date fiction
- Free book lending service with over 400 fiction titles to choose from as well as thousands of copyright-free classic e-books
- A half-termly Sixth Form Reading Group held in collaboration with Lichfield Public Library
- Specialist collections of books aimed at specific Sixth Form courses
- A wide range of journals and magazines, many of which specifically support A Level courses
- Daily newspapers
- Photocopier/printers for student use
Sixth Form students can borrow up to six items for one month at a time.
The Centre has the equivalent of two full time members of staff, a qualified Librarian and a Library Assistant, who are available at all times to give research advice and support students with their information needs.