BTEC Sport and Exercise Science Level 3 (2016) NQF
Why study BTEC Sport?
- An alternative to A Level PE
- 60% Course work
- BTEC explores different aspects of PE and Sport
- Equivalent of two A Levels
How will I be assessed?
By written assignments, presentations and practical assessments only; three examinations and five coursework units.
- An interest in PE/Sport
- GCSE PE desirable but not essential
- English and Mathematics GCSE Grade 4 or above
What skills will I gain from studying BTEC Sport?
- Teaching and Coaching Skills
- Skills of Analysis of Data
- Social Skills
- A deeper understanding of current issues on Sport
- Report Writing
- Leadership Skills
Where can BTEC Sport lead?
- Teaching /Coaching
- Leisure Centre Management
- Sport / Media / Commercialism Work
- Working for NGB of Sport
- Think long and hard about your route if you are considering BTEC
- BTEC suits some people more than others
- This course requires a commitment to teaching and coaching in addition to lessons
What will I study?
- Year 12 Unit 1: Sport and Exercise PhysiologyUnit 2: Functional AnatomyUnit 3: Applied Sport and Exercise PsychologyUnit 5: Applied Research Methods in Sport and Exercise Science
Unit 4: Field and Laboratory-based Fitness Testing
Unit 6: Coaching for Performance and Fitness
Unit 8: Specialised Fitness Training
Unit 9: Research Project